of the wild. is a Sheffield-based floristry business specialising in floral design.
What data do we collect?
of the wild. collects the following data:
• Personal information (including name, email address, phone number, delivery address etc.)
• Payment details (ie. card details)
How do we collect your data?
We only use your data that you choose to provide us in order to fulfil a service for you.
We collect data and use your data when you:
• Choose to complete a form on our website
• Get in contact with us directly via phone or email
• Purchase a product through our website
• Send us a message on social media (Facebook, Instagram etc.)
• Sign up for our mailing list
• Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
How will we use your data?
of the wild. collects your data so we can:
• Process your order or fulfil the service we are providing you
• Arrange a delivery
• Send you an email if you have chosen to sign up to our mailing list
There are two ways that we process your payment. When we process your order (usually via the phone, but sometimes in person), we use a secure PAX A920 WiFi Card Machine provided by Valitor. This card terminal is equipped with the most secure and reliable technology to ensure your details are safe. of the wild. is PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Dara Security Standard) compliant through Trustwave. When we process your order through our online store or via email, we use secure services provided by Stripe, Inc. and/or WooCommerce which mean that your card details are hidden from of the wild.
When of the wild. processes your order, we may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
• of the wild. stores order details (including phone, email address, delivery address) securely on a password protected laptop. Any details written on paper for the purpose of a delivery are destroyed within an hour after the delivery has been completed.
• Email correspondence and email addresses are held securely behind a password protected Gmail account that is accessed via a laptop and mobile phone. The mobile phone can only be accessed via a 6-digit pin code or using fingerprint technology.
• Email addresses of those who sign up for the mailing list are held securely behind our password protected Mailchimp account. This is accessed only via a laptop.
• Social media messages are held by Instagram and Facebook and are kept securely behind a password protected account that is accessed via a laptop and mobile phone.
of the wild. stores wedding or event quotes for five years after the date of your wedding or event. Your data is then deleted using the standard deletion process on a laptop. Delivery details for flower deliveries are held until the delivery has been completed and are then deleted from the computer or destroyed by shredding the paper.
Payment details via our card machine are held until payment has been completed and are then deleted or destroyed by shredding the paper. Details given via Stripe and/or WooCommerce are held for 12 months, but can be deleted earlier if requested. Card details within Stripe are hidden and not viewable by of the wild. Email correspondence and social media correspondence is held for five years, but can be removed if requested.
of the wild. occasionally sends information about our products and services we think you may like via email. We only send this information to those who have signed up for our mailing list. If you have agreed to receive this marketing, you can always opt out whenever you would like to. We do not add customers who we have provided a
service for to our mailing list unless you ask us to.
You have the right at any time to stop of the wild. from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org or unsubscribe from our mailing list using the link at the bottom of each email.
What are your data protection rights?
of the wild. would like to ensure that you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
• The right to request of the wild. to provide copies of your personal data.
• The right to request that of the wild. corrects any information that you believe to be inaccurate. You also have the right to request that of the wild. completes information you believe to be incomplete.
• The right to request that of the wild. erases all of your personal data, under certain conditions.
• The right to restrict the processing of your personal data by of the wild., under certain conditions.
• The right to object to the processing of your personal data by of the wild., under certain conditions.
• The right to request that of the wild. transfer the data we have collected to another organisation or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email address: email@example.com
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser to not accept cookies. You can also remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some website features may not function correctly as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Reporting a complaint
You can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office to report a complaint or if you feel that of the wild. has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner. For my details, please visit: https://ico.org.uk/make-acomplaint/